HOW CONFIDENT ARE YOU FEELING ABOUT YOUR DIY WEDDING FLOWERS?
Are you asking yourself:
- Will I save money if I do it myself?
- How much time will it take to make my flowers?
- Should I be using fresh or fake?
- How big should my bouquet be?
- What colour theme should I choose?
- What flowers are in season?
- How much will it cost?
- Who should I make buttonholes for?
- How do I organize myself?
- How far in advance should I think about my wedding flowers?
- Why are fresh flowers so expensive?
- Why is my florist charging me so much?
- How many flowers will I need in my bouquet?
- How far in advance can I make my bouquet?
- How big should the centerpieces be on the tables at my reception?
- Do I need to make pedestal arrangements for the church/venue?
- Should I be making thank you bouquets?
- My Mum says she’ll help out – should I let her?
- I’ve never arranged flowers before – help!
- I want to get involved with doing my own flowers – but I’m scared of messing it up.
FED UP WITH ALL THE WORRY – AT WHAT SHOULD BE A REALLY EXCITING TIME?
Let me help you.
Here at Julie Davies flower workshops I’m here pass on my skills and confidence so that you can have the flowers you’ll love on your very special day.
Via weekly Facebook Lives we’ll discuss:
- how to work up a plan of action for getting your flowers made – without throwing yourself into a panic
- I’ll take you step by step through how to make your own handtied bouquet
- want to know how to put together buttonholes? I’ll show you
- not sure what equipment you’ll need to buy? I’ll show you what I use
- thinking of making table arrangements? No problem, I’ll show you how
- what are the advantages/disadvantages of fresh and silk flowers
- and much, much more … if you’ve got a question share it with the group
WHAT I WON’T BE ABLE TO HELP YOU WITH EVERYTHING
Unfortunately, I won’t be able to give you all the answers – and I think it’s only fair I make that clear from the outset.
- I won’t be able to tell you how much your flowers will actually cost
- I won’t be able to advise you on specific flower varieties
- and, I won’t be able to tell you how to get access to a flower wholesaler
AND THE REASON WHY?
- The price of flowers varies according to the season – and will depend on where you live
- If you’re looking to colour match your flowers to your dress and décor details it’s so hard to do this with any certainty when we’re talking on social media – photos don’t always reflect colours in real life.
- Wholesalers are for commercial florists – they won’t sell to the general public.
HOW ARE YOU GOING TO GET ROUND THESE DIFFICULTIES?
Don’t forget that by signing up to FlowerStart – DIY wedding flowers you’ll learn so much.
With this knowledge you’ll be able to have confident discussions with your favorite High Street florist. When your order from them they’ll be happy to advise you on specific varieties. And, if you’re going to use silk flowers – take samples of your fabric with you and colour-match in daylight (rather than under in-store lights).
FlowerStart Wedding is hosted in a special Facebook group – so you’ll need to be on Facebook. Access to the group is via a one-off fee of £100 – you can pay using the PayPal, or email me on email@example.com if you’d prefer to pay by bank transfer.
Note sure whether you want to commit – pay £15 a month instead.
Until next time, happy flowers!
5-day FREE mini-course
If you're planning to find your happy with flowers this week don’t forget you can amaze your friends with your knowledge about getting your flowers to last longer by signing up here for access to my FREE five-day mini course.
Have you heard about #FlowerStart?
I’m an award-winning florist. I run an online flower arranging course you can fit around your busy life whilst creating beautiful arrangements to gift to your friends or family (or don’t tell anyone, keep for yourself). You’ll have something Instagramworthy in no time. If you’d like to join #FlowerStart my 4-week online flower arranging class you can find out more about it here - click through to my post on Frequently Asked Questions - or email me firstname.lastname@example.org
FlowerStart World on Facebook
If you love having flowers at home make sure you join FlowerStart World on Facebook - a place where you can share your flower arranging successes and pick up hints, tips and advice